The sweet sound of pan...

You know... today was another of those Sunday's where the speakers mumble and quoted those cliche'-type talks we've all heard a million times over and over...and it made it tough to get into what they were saying.
The only time I didn't find my mind wandering was when my girls sang today.
They were asked yesterday at the ward social. And they accepted, without batting an eye. They don't get nervous...except for a moment before they sing. And then, only for a moment. It comes so naturally to them, that they need little warning and little practice....since in reality, they're always practicing because they are always singing. They love to come up with harmony with everything they're ears hear.
Looking around during one of the talks before they sang, I could see that the majority of the audience was in the same mode I was... mind wandering, some gently dozing, some doodling, and others using their younger children as a pretense to get up and 'take them out'.
When the girls began to sing, people sat up. Opened their eyes. People looked at Achilles and I, and my in-laws, in suprised awe, and we smiled back. It awes us, and we hear it nearly every single day. The music seemed to take everyone by suprise. Over the past year, it has definatly become better than ever as their voices have matured, and their knowledge of music has grown.
I am grateful they share this talent and love for music. I wish I even had a minute fraction of the talent they posess.
And I am grateful they can make a meeting better, by sharing their talent, this fantastic gift from God...
without batting an eye.
"I have always been fascinated by the musical talent, the calypso, the carnival, and the sweet sound of pan..."~Derek Walcott

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi,
thanks for stopping by today.
reading your post, i almost feel like i was there partaking of your girls' talent. i look it when i am completely captivated by the beautiful music that i hear in my ward. i have always been soooooooooo impressed with how people (who are good singers) have the guts to get up there and do solos and duets. so neat how you got the good looks from people who were enjoying your girls's music.

happy Sabbath,
kathleen :)