Love and Marriage
Even though I know the answer, I still am mystified and ask the question anyway:
Why can he not be happy for my happiness when I get my hair cut to a much more managable length?
WHY can he not understand that for my own sanity sake, I cannot have butt-long hair?
Why must he bring it up 2-3 days in a row in small, stupid ways... in his mind hiding how he really feels, while mine screams in frustration!?
"Did you mean to get it cut so short?"
"I said I like the COLOR, not the style."
"Did you tell her you wanted it cut short?"
"Everytime you get it 'trimmed' you get it cut shorter and shorter each time."
It's hair. It grows out.
How 'bout we talk about YOUR 8 week-post-military hair???
*sigh*
"What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility." ~~Leo Tolstoy
Why can he not be happy for my happiness when I get my hair cut to a much more managable length?
WHY can he not understand that for my own sanity sake, I cannot have butt-long hair?
Why must he bring it up 2-3 days in a row in small, stupid ways... in his mind hiding how he really feels, while mine screams in frustration!?
"Did you mean to get it cut so short?"
"I said I like the COLOR, not the style."
"Did you tell her you wanted it cut short?"
"Everytime you get it 'trimmed' you get it cut shorter and shorter each time."
It's hair. It grows out.
How 'bout we talk about YOUR 8 week-post-military hair???
*sigh*
"What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility." ~~Leo Tolstoy
Comments
Dh still gets a high and tight, though I've finally gotten him to let the top grow a little longer. It helps to be friends with his barber and tell her what YOU want...tee hee
Hubs gave up the high and tight As SOON as possible without batting an eye....and his 'barber' (aka me) doesn't mind it so much!
*grin*