New Calling---Camp!
OH, how I wish the weather would make up it's mind already!!! Rainy, cold, hot and humid, then snow. Now we're back to chilly, post rain. EEK. Yesterday, when we showed up (on time for the 2nd week in a row!) to church, the 2nd counselor in our bishopric, called me into meet with me. Dum..dee dum..dum...daaaaaaaaa Yup. You guessed it. A new calling. He starts out the conversation.... "We know that you've served as Primary President for quite some time (**FYI--Primary is the childrens group from ages 3-11 for those of you not familiar**)....." and he paused for special effect. Of course, my heart plummeted. NOT that I wouldn't mind working in Primary...I just don't wanna be in charge. Then he says, "So, we're not going to put you in primary." Big sigh. For just a moment. Then my mind reeled at all the possiblities that were worse off than Primary President... He could see my mind turning....and finally said "So, we want to ask you to accept the calling as the Young Women's Camp Director". Totally caught me off guard. The thought actually appealed to me. I loved Girls Camp as a YW. What an opportunity for me to get to spend it with my OWN 3 YW. Wow. So.... I'm now digesting. Got on the internet and signed up for every single site I could find information on. Read and re-read all the things I need to be doing. I have my first leadership meeting on April 21. Wow.
Comments