home again, home again... jigity jig

I slept in my own bed last night.
Correction:I slept in my own bed, from 3am on.
Absolute Heaven.
The drive home was relatively uneventful...
except for a small case of extortion...
at a Sinclair gas station in Nebraska.
Most of the gas prices were pretty much the same everywhere-Within a penny or two. Except at one little mom-n-pop Sinclair station just pass North Platte, Nebraska.We were on 'E' and HAD to get gas. As we pulled in the station, no gas prices were listed. A small little voice in my head told me to be worried about that.But I stuffed down the voice.... thinking... "Don't be ridiculous. How bad could it be?!"::cue scarey movie music::I lifted the lever in the ancient-looking pump. I chose unleaded, assuming that it would be a safe bet to be relatively close to all the other stations we'd been to on this trip. When the pump shut off (After spilling a good amount of gas on the ground) I realized that I'd paid $20 more than our normal tank of gas.
Yup.
We got hosed.
To make matters worse, I should have chosen SUPER unleaded as it was 10 cents a gal cheaper @ $3.43 a gallon.
Ouch.
Of course, you know what's coming next, right?
Yup....about 10 miles down the road, the gas was back down to $2.98
Shame on you, Ranchland Sinclair gas station just past North Platte in Maxwell, Nebraska...For taking advantage of desperate travellers.
*sigh*
"The rain--it raineth on the Just; And also on the Unjust Fella; But Chiefly on the Just, because the Unjust steals the Just's umbrella."
~~Charles Bowen

Comments