Conversation with a 7yr old and cousins...

Her:"You know... I love chicken nuggets."
Me: "Really? So, you'd like to stop at McDonalds?"
Her: "Well, ::dramatic sigh:: only if you really want to."
----
Her: "You know... we really need to have "us" time more often."
Me: "We spend a lot of time together."
Her: "I know. But more often is more fun."
---
Her: "Oh. I love my new cousins."
Me: "well, they're not really new... they are 6,4, and 1... so they've been around a while."
Her: "Well, they're new to ME."
----
Her: "For our teaparty, can we have cookies? and Orange soda?
Girl Cousin: "And chocolate chips?"
Boy Cousin: "What about marshmallows? They taste great in orange soda"
Me: ::Shudder:: Sounds great.
Her: "Can this be our dinner?"
Me: "Sure"
Girl Cousin: "REALLY~!? Our mom might be mad... she always expects us to have our protein or we might get a belly ache and rotten teeth. AND our hair might fall out. ::Pause for dramatic effect::"
Boy Cousin: "Oh that's only if we just eat candy for dinner. This is different. Aunt Lammy--Don't cookies have protein?"
Me: "Um. Well, not exactly protein... but since I'm in charge... I get to make the rules... and cookies are a great idea for dinner! "
All: "YAYYYYYY~!"
::Side note::We had just eaten at 4pm...big huge dinner type meal. I'm cool...not cookoo! :)

Comments