Time to get personal....




October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month....

I'd almost forgotten to post my annual reminder to check your mam's (and your man's mams too.)
It doesn't take much... you can do it in the shower....or just before you fall asleep.And your mans???ANY. TIME. YOU. WANT!

The Myth
Men do not get breast cancer.
The Truth
Quite the contrary. Each year it is estimated that approximately 1,700 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die. While this percentage is still small, men should also give themselves regular breast self-exams and note any changes to their physicians.


I check mine on the 22nd of each month... My birth day.
That way it's easier to remember to do.

A lot of people aren't sure what is considered worrysome or not.
Here's my rule of thumb that I learned from a rep from
The National Breast Cancer Foundation .

If the lumps or unevenness feels like rice krispies, don't worry, just keep an eye out.
If it feels like a little pearl under your skin, have it checked out.

If ever in doubt, speak to your regular GYN.

"I remember when you couldn't even say breast, let alone breast cancer. Women did not say those words. That has changed quite a bit." Fran Visco

Comments