Happy 18th Birthday
I cannot believe you have been in my life 18 years.
I look at you, so serious and driven...
and then your humor sends us into peals of laughter.
You're so confident and couldn't care less how people feel about you.
I love that we are so close...
and you confide your dreams and feelings in me...
You're so completely opposite than me...
at your age I had already moved out of my parents house...
anxious to be an adult and on my own...
well...
anxious to not have anyone boss me around.
I'd never known anyone to wake up in a good mood
day after day, until I married your dad.
I am so grateful you got that from him.
Thank you for making me a mother....
and for making me look like a darn good one,
even though we both know the real deal.
I love you.

Comments