Am I really Ready for all this??

Friday, my oldest child has her first date.
He asked her out on Sunday at church.
She was lit up like a Christmas tree when she told me...
I had a knot in my throat.
I'm grateful it's this boy asked her.. they're already good friends...and he is such a sweet kid, that I feel completely safe about him taking her out. (This is the brother of THIS boy.)
I'm just amazed at the emotions I feel....
Did I prepare her enough? Did I give her all the tools she could possibly need? Have I helped foster good self-esteem, so she won't feel she needs to lower her standards just to be 'loved'?
I know there is no real answer to any of the above... I just keep going over and over the questions in my mind.
And thus begins the dating journey.


“Watching your daughter being collected by herdate is like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla."
~~Jim Bishop

Comments