Junie B. Jones....
Last night, while all the big kids were at youthnite/scouts....
E came up to my bed where I was reading
(Ok, yes. I got my jammies on and climbed into bedbefore after dinner. Somedays just require such measures.)
and had that glassy-eyed, nose-red sad-face on.
She asked if she could get her pj's on and come get in bed with me and read too. I helped her get jammies, felt her head and realized I'd given her my cold...gave her a shot of "NYTIME" liquid ..and snuggled her in on Achilles's side of the bed.... with her latest installment of Junie B. Jones.
She loves to read to me....and does Junie's voice just perfect. While I listened to Junies antics and troubles...it occured to me that I am a grown-up version of Junie B.
*sigh*
Well, I guess there are worse things.
Is it wrong of me to rejoice in a little drug-induced quietness...? Especially when the kids are happy to curl up with a book or a movie and just be?? *sigh*
"Some work beautifully for some children but not for others. We don't know what works for what child ahead of time. There are lots of things to try, including non-medication treatment."Donna Polumbo
E came up to my bed where I was reading
(Ok, yes. I got my jammies on and climbed into bed
and had that glassy-eyed, nose-red sad-face on.
She asked if she could get her pj's on and come get in bed with me and read too. I helped her get jammies, felt her head and realized I'd given her my cold...gave her a shot of "NYTIME" liquid ..and snuggled her in on Achilles's side of the bed.... with her latest installment of Junie B. Jones.
She loves to read to me....and does Junie's voice just perfect. While I listened to Junies antics and troubles...it occured to me that I am a grown-up version of Junie B.
*sigh*
Well, I guess there are worse things.
Is it wrong of me to rejoice in a little drug-induced quietness...? Especially when the kids are happy to curl up with a book or a movie and just be?? *sigh*
"Some work beautifully for some children but not for others. We don't know what works for what child ahead of time. There are lots of things to try, including non-medication treatment."Donna Polumbo
Comments
xxoo