The one where I wax disgusted...
Last night, Elie's elementary school hosted a 'beach party'....amidst 2 more feet of snow.
So we went... to show our support to her and the school.
I came straight from work (Why do they start things like that at 5?) and we feasted on generic hotdogs with dried out buns and a bag of chips.
For $3 per person.
Still, feeling supportive, I even got out on the makeshift dance floor with my daughter and 50-60 other little elementary kids.
We danced the Hokey Pokey, Macarena, and Boot Skootin' Boogie.
I sat the next few dances I let her dad take over the dancing as I watched.
I saw some little kids who danced like kids having fun.
And then I saw a group if little girls gyrating and mooning around like prostitutes. Over in the opposite corner, 1 little girl was teaching another little girl how to look sultry and sexy.
I glanced around, looking for their mothers.....and realized they were sitting right there... giggling at the little darlings.
What is that?Why is that ok?
What are those mom's thinking??
I looked over at my daughter and her circle of friends.... and breathed a sigh of relief.
She and her friends were trying to learn the Chicken Dance and Cotton Eyed Joe.
Rather badly, I must say...But happy as clams.
"Great is the woman who has not lost her childlike heart."~Mencius
So we went... to show our support to her and the school.
I came straight from work (Why do they start things like that at 5?) and we feasted on generic hotdogs with dried out buns and a bag of chips.
For $3 per person.
Still, feeling supportive, I even got out on the makeshift dance floor with my daughter and 50-60 other little elementary kids.
We danced the Hokey Pokey, Macarena, and Boot Skootin' Boogie.
I sat the next few dances I let her dad take over the dancing as I watched.
I saw some little kids who danced like kids having fun.
And then I saw a group if little girls gyrating and mooning around like prostitutes. Over in the opposite corner, 1 little girl was teaching another little girl how to look sultry and sexy.
I glanced around, looking for their mothers.....and realized they were sitting right there... giggling at the little darlings.
What is that?Why is that ok?
What are those mom's thinking??
I looked over at my daughter and her circle of friends.... and breathed a sigh of relief.
She and her friends were trying to learn the Chicken Dance and Cotton Eyed Joe.
Rather badly, I must say...But happy as clams.
"Great is the woman who has not lost her childlike heart."~Mencius
Comments