marriage...

When I moved here, I found out a friend of mine from Texas was here.
Her life had completely changed.
She was divorced.
And had a new baby.
After our initial talk, we played phone tag a little, and then life got in the way... and we didn't connect for a while.
I just got an email from her telling me she'd gotten married... and I'm pretty certain that it isn't to her new baby's father. But I'm not sure.
It got me to thinking about what that would be like.
And I gotta say....I dunno that I'd go that route.
One time, I told Achilles that I probably wouldn't get remarried if he died....
And he told me that he didn't want me pining away for him.
I smiled and said "It's not that I would pine... but I just can't see myself starting over again. It's so much work."
Life is never certain, eh?
" A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day.”
Andre Mauroise

Comments

Erin said…
I've told Rob the same thing before....You just devote so much to your husband...I'm not sure I could do that again..

ILY pal! Missing you like the crazies. :)
Jen Hill said…
Ditto for me and I have told Evan the same thing! We all share that commnon thread eh?

I really like the comparison to marriage as a structure that continually needs to be rebuilt. We have our good days and our not so good days. Communication is key, and accepting the fact that we are constantly changing. I really needed this today, thanks!
Jen Hill said…
Commnon, gee didn't see that typo!
Mo said…
I hope dh would get married again if something happened. I mean, what does it say about our marriage if it wasn't so great that you don't want to try and find it again?
And someone has to be there to keep the kids alive!