Happy Blogaversary To Me!!

Four years ago today, I made my tentative & uncertain first post on a new fangled idea called a weB log.....
It took me some time to jump on the wagon of the blogging world.....

I have a tendancy to steer clear of fads and followings....
  • We didn't read the Harry Potter books until the 3rd book was already in paperback...and only because we'd visited my sister's house and they read a chapter every night and my kids (and me) were hooked.
  • Scrapbooking didn't become a hobby for me until well after the craze swept America.In fact, my sister led me kicking and screaming down the scrappath.
  • Internet messaging groups? No way, man... until my sisters convinced me to check it out.
  • Twilight was just another eye-rolling experience until the third book came out. Even for my girls.

So when I heard of people who 'blogged', I merely chalked it up to another fad that would probably soon pass.

Four years later and I'm still at it... although not as frequently as I would like. I do think about it a lot more than I show it... but time is so preciously thin, and by the time I sit down to write, I've forgotten already what I wanted to remember.

It has been fun to look over the years and remember things I'd forgotten.

I realize I need to prioritize my journaling time.... and make myself sit down and chronicle my life more. I miss the outlet and I miss the therapy.

And I realized that these words I share are the words my kids and their kids will someday read about me. I hope that they'll learn from my stupid choices, and hard lessons and be better than I am.

"Keep a journal, and learn how to see how you as an individuals sees information so you can learn your own sign language. Meditate and practice psychic self defense and surrounding yourself with prayer."~~John Edward

Comments

Shauna said…
Stopping by to say I hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna